Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Casserole
This is a tasty, gluten-free pasta dish that has the added liver supportive benefits of artichoke. In addition, artichokes are high in antioxidants, cancer preventing, reduces cholesterol and acts as a natural diuretic. Casserole anyone?
- 8 oz. brown rice spaghetti, such as Deboles or Tinkyada
- 14 oz. can quartered artichokes, rinsed and chopped
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup+ sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup gf chicken broth (or gf vegetable broth)
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Topping: GF Breadcrumbs and Mozzarella Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook your spaghetti noodles. While the spaghetti is cooking, melt butter over med. heat and add garlic-cook for about a minute. Add rice flour and salt and pepper. Cook until flour mixture is bubbly and smooth. Add the chicken broth and cream all at once, whisking until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, and parmesan cheese into the sauce. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti in an ungreased casserole dish. Stir until combined. Top with gf breadcrumbs and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the center of the casserole is bubbly.