Quick Screening Guide: Immune System
There are numerous factors that may suppress the immune system. Improving the immune system consists more than just “adding” supplements. Often there is the need to remove or change habits and address imbalances and disturbances in the body.
Here is a quick guide you can use to screen how many stressors may be impacting your immune system:
- You are a smoker
- You suffer from sleep deprivation
- You consume foods with additives, artificial coloring and flavorings
- You eat conventionally grown foods (not organic) which are known to have insecticides and pesticides
- You consume a diet lack in nutrients thus creating a deficiency in essential immune nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, zinc, iron, copper, Vitamin B6
- You shy away from the sun at all costs thus not allowing your body to absorb Vitamin D form the sun
- You consume trans fats and rancid oils (check your fish oil, it is extremely important you buy a good, reputable brand)
- You are under stress or feel very stressed
- You have intestinal imbalances (constipation, diarrhea, SIBO, leaky gut, etc)
- You suffer from emotional stress
- You have liver toxicity with impaired detoxification and excretion of toxins
- You suffer from adrenal insufficiency
I encourage you to circle the ones that are true to you and start addressing them one by one so your body and health may benefit from an improve in your immune system. As always, we are here to help you every step of the way.