General Immune Support with Supplements, Herbs & Homeopathic Remedies
Supporting your general immune system can be done in a number of ways. Specific nutrients, mineral and certain botanicals can provide immune support.
You should always consult with your physician before you take herbs or additional vitamins/minerals to ensure it is the best choice for you individually. There are a few key nutrients for immune support.
- Vitamin C: support epithelial barrier function meaning it helps keep bugs out of the system
- Vitamin A: important in supporting immediate immune response
- Vitamin D: supports immune response overall
- Zinc: supports first-responder cells of immune system
Botanical support may include:
- Black elderberry (Sambucus nigra): supports immune response and has anti-viral properties
- Osha (Ligusticum porter): immune stimulant herb
- Garlic and Onion: break up mucus, reduce inflammation, antioxidant effects and antimicrobial
- Monolaurin: derived from coconut to support your immune system
- Mushrooms: boost your immune response