Chicken Korma with Tumeric
Turmeric is an orange-colored spice imported from India and is one of the most potent natural anti-inflammatories available. It also adds a nice flavor to your food when added to your favorite recipes.
Original recipe makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onions in oil until soft.
- Place onion, yogurt, mango chutney, garlic, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, and into the bowl of a food processor. Process into a smooth sauce; it should be about the consistency of thick cream. Add a bit of water or yogurt to thin it if needed. Spread chicken into prepared baking dish, and pour the onion sauce over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle sliced almonds over the top, and serve.
PREP 10 mins
COOK 40 mins
READY IN 50 mins
You can also add a handful of golden raisins to the chicken.