Baked Apple Pie Apples
Original recipe makes 3 servings
- 3 large plump round apples
- 2 apples of any kind, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 sheets of Capella's Gluten Free Lasagna, cut into Ã�Â½-1 inch strips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core your apples.
- Cut off the tops of your 3 large, plump apples and discard. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon, being careful not puncture the peel.
- Dice up other apples, place them in a bowl and toss with coconut flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Add those diced apples into each one of your apples.
- Cut lasagna sheets into strips to give a pie look. You can also place a whole lasagna sheet over the apple instead.
- Place the strips over your apples in any formation and wet the ends of the strips with some water, then press the strips to the apples.
- Sprinkle crust with a little cinnamon.
- Place apples in an 8x8 glass baking dish, add water to the dish to just cover the bottom, then place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until apples are soft and crust has browned.
PREP 30 minutes
COOK 35 minutes
READY IN 1 hour and 5 minutes