Artichokes in a Garlic and Olive Oil Sauce
Thanks to antioxidants like silymarin, artichokes are very beneficial to the liver. Studies have found they may even regenerate liver tissue. Artichokes have long been used in folk and alternative medicine as a treatment for liver ailments and the scientific studies are now proving them to be correct.
Original recipe makes 2
- 4 ounces small uncooked seashell pasta
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add seashell pasta, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the olive oil and melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Mix in the garlic, basil, and artichoke hearts, and cook 5 minutes, until heated through. Toss with the cooked pasta to serve.
PREP 10 mins
COOK 15 min
READY IN 25 mins