We are considered an out-of-network provider. This means that you pay for services at your visit and we provide you with the necessary paperwork to submit to you insurance company. Depending on your insurance coverage you may get reimbursed up to 80%. The benefits of seeing an out-of-network provider include the following.
* You choose the doctor you want regardless whether they are in your network
* You get to decide where you choose to spend your health care dollars
* You get to see the a Naturopathic doctor which generally would be out of pocket and may easily get money back in your pocket
* An out-of-network provider who is not part of a stringent in-house network can spend more time with you and your care is not dictated by the insurance company, rather it is determined by your Naturopathic doctor
Most insurances companies have historically paid little to nothing for naturopathic medical health care and other integrative medical services. With the rise and growing trend of integrative medicine, coupled with the increasing validity and efficacy of Naturopathic Medicine, many insurance companies are recognizing Licensed Naturopathic Physicians and their services with insurance reimbursement.
HOW IT WORKS
After your deductible is met for your individual policy, you are reimbursed for your office visits.
At the time of service, you pay for service rendered and are provided with a superbill with the according medical codes and insurance form. You submit the provided information to your insurance company and get reimbursement for your Naturopathic Healthcare services.
What it means to you — Your pocket is filled back up. More money is spent per year out of pocket on “alternative” healthcare than standard Western Medicine. That is a large portion of money you never see back in your pocket. The trend is changing. The validity and efficacy of Naturopathic Medicine is now being honored and encouraged. This growing trend is being seen in every level of healthcare including insurance companies.
INSURANCE COMPANIES WHO MAY OFFER REIMBURSEMENT
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- United Health Care
- Many Other Companies
HEALTH SAVING ACCOUNTS (HSAS)
HSAs are accounts that use non-taxable income to save money to spend on your health care needs. They give you the liberty of seeing any doctor and YOU deciding where you want your health care dollars to go and to whom. Check with your employer or check in to HSAs from a health insurance agent to see if this is the right plan for you and your family.
WHAT DOES YOUR HEALTHCARE INSURANCE PLAN COVER?
Ask your insurance company the following questions to determine what services are covered.
- Is Naturopathic Physician services covered on my policy?
- If I go to a Licensed Naturopathic Physician are they considered an out-of network provider?
- Naturopathic Physicians are Licensed Physicians in the state of Arizona, so aren’t they covered on my policy as an out-of network provider?
- Is acupuncture, preventative medicine, nutritional counseling, or any “alternative” forms of medicine covered on my policy as an out-of-network provider?
- What is my deductible? Once this is met if I go out-of my network will I be covered?
- I would like to request that my Naturopathic Physician be added to your provider list and/or be considered an out-of network provider.
- Are there other healthcare policies close to my existing policy that would cover Naturopathic Medical services?