Wear It Every Day!
In this day of age it is safe to say that most people have used sunscreen at some point in their life. A vacation on a sunny beach in Mexico or perhaps a three day hike to Havasupai Falls; both trips require protection from the sun all day. However, it’s not just special trips and occasions that require sunscreen. UVA and UVB rays are penetrating our skin every second we are exposed to the sun, which is why it is so important to wear sunscreen every day. It may seem tedious in the beginning, but when you find the right moisturizer with an appropriate SPF for your skin type, it will easily fall into your routine.
Here are 5 reasons why everyone should wear sunscreen every day!
- Prevent Cancer! According to the American Cancer Society skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States.
- Sun = SPF, Wrong! Whether it’s sunny, cloudy or rainy; ultra violet rays can penetrate through and still damage your skin.
- Don’t Look Your Age! The Skin Cancer Foundation estimates 90% of visible aging is caused by the amount of time spent in the sun. So if you’re a sun-bather, it’s imperative to apply sunscreen responsibly.
- Base Tan = Protection, Wrong! Yes it’s true the sun will cause you to create more melanin in your skin to where you may not burn as easy. However, the damage is still being done at the time of exposure and will show itself via age spots, wrinkles, and possibly cancer down the road.
- SPF Protection Has Come A Long Way! White zinc covered noses are a thing of the past. Technology allows us to choose from moisturizers specifically for our face and hands, to heavy duty creams and sprays for the rest of our body. Sun protective apparel is also available in hats, shirts and pants.