Health Benefits of Lavender
Lavender is an herb that is well known for its fragrance and is a common ingredient in beauty products. But lavender is more than just a pretty face – there are many documented medicinal benefits of lavender:
- Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory: Helps heal minor wounds, bug bites and fungal infections
- Mental and emotional support: Aids in anxiety, insomnia, depression, restlessness, and emotional symptoms of PMS
- Digestion: Lavender tea has been used for upset stomach, nausea and gas
- Pain: Helps relieve pain from headaches, sprains, toothaches, and sores
- Hair loss: Lavender essential oil was shown to have a benefit in alopecia areata (hair loss caused by an autoimmune condition) based on a 1998 study
(**Note: The essential oil of lavender should not be taken internally because it can be toxic. Never take essential oils internally unless directed by your doctor).